Professional Development Workshop Series
Graduate student employees of the Writing Program can polish their skills as writing teachers by participating in our series of professional development workshops. In Autumn 2017, topics include:
- Strategies for managing paper comments
- Test kitchen: try your writing pedagogy materials
- Refresher: warrants and warrant work
Workshops are held in Stuart 330. For our Autumn 2017 workshop schedule, click here.
Pedagogy courses for Writing Program employees
All writing program jobs require an initial pedagogy course:
- Writing Interns in the Humanities Common Core take HUMA 50000 in Spring or Summer.
- Tutors take HUMA 50000 in Spring or Summer.
- Lectors in Academic and Professional Writing take ENGL 50300 in Autumn.