Professional development workshop series
Graduate students who would like to polish their skills as writing teachers can participate in our series of professional development workshops. In Spring 2017, topics include:
- Evaluating your evals
- Establishing expectations for writing seminars: writing analytical prompts
- Test kitchen: try your writing pedagogy materials
- One-on-one writing pedagogy
Workshops are held in Stuart 330. You may download a copy of our current professional development workshop schedule here.
Pedagogy courses for Writing Program employees
All writing program jobs require an initial pedagogy course:
- Writing Interns in the Humanities Common Core take HUMA 50000 in Spring or Summer.
- Tutors take HUMA 50000 in Spring or Summer.
- Lectors in Academic and Professional Writing take ENGL 50300 in Autumn.