Professional Development Workshop Series
Graduate student employees of the Writing Program can polish their skills as writing teachers by participating in our series of professional development workshops. In Winter 2018, topics include:
- Building on the basic principles students have learned in Autumn quarter;
- What worked: sharing and listening to past sucesses in the classroom;
- Best pedagogical practices for meeting with students 1-on-1 or in pairs
Workshops are held in Stuart 330. For our Winter 2018 workshop schedule, click here.
Pedagogy courses for Writing Program employees
All writing program jobs require an initial pedagogy course:
- Writing Interns in the Humanities Common Core take HUMA 50000 in Spring or Summer.
- Tutors take HUMA 50000 in Spring or Summer.
- Lectors in Academic and Professional Writing take ENGL 50300 in Autumn.